Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little About Me

My name is Mike, and I am an avid sports fan with an absolute passion for football. I have had many jobs over the years and there has always been one thing that has never escaped my desires, and that is to scout and write about football. When I recently lost my job in car sales due to an extremely slowing economy and not being the best at it I turned to a website and company called Sports Management Worldwide. I enrolled in a course titled Football GM and Scouting and was really introduced to the front office world of player evaluations and business practices of a professional football organization. Taking this course I have been introduced to some great contacts in the world of professional football, I was instructed by the incredible John Wooten as well as GMjr founder Russ Lande and have been introduced to a Mr. Sheldon White from the Detroit Lions. The course was an amazing chance to learn some great player evaluation techniques and I enjoyed every minute of the course and every minute there after watching and grading NFL prospects. This blog is going to be my way of expressing my opinions on everything football and sports with a primary focus on scouting. In the days, weeks, months, and hopefully years to come I will be providing in depth analysis on NFL prospects, teams, and news. Because I want the best for my family I am not only doing this for myself because it's what I love doing but also in hopes to make a career out of it.

With this blog I hope to entertain many people with my thoughts, opinions, and hard work in evaluating and writing about football. I will be posting a definition of the grading scale that I use with my scouting reports (the same as GMjr's which is what I learned from Russ Lande). Hopefully, I will receive lots of feedback and comments on my work so that I can continue to improve and we can have lots of open discussion on the world of football. Happy reading!

Mike

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment